Online Entry for Lothians Amateur Championship Qualifying RD1
Sunday 11th July 2021
LOTHIANS AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. The Competition will be played in accordance with the rules of golf for Stroke Play and Match Play competitions as approved by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and in accordance with the local rules approved by the Championship Committee applicable to the course on which the Championship and qualifying rounds will be played.
2. Entrants must be amateur golfers as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews in the Amateur Status Definition in force in the year of the Championship.
3. Entrants must have a handicap of 4.4 or under as at the date of entry. The number of competitors will be restricted to 81 and in the event of the number of entries exceeding the figure fixed by the Championship Committee a ballot will be held to eliminate higher handicap players as necessary. The handicap at the time of entry is the handicap that will count at the closing date.
4. The competition is open to players whose Home Club is a Course Owning Club affiliated to the Lothians Golf Association.
5. All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Championship Committee, who shall be entitled to accept or refuse any
entry and shall not be called upon to give any reason for their action.
6. The qualifying rounds shall consist of two rounds of medal play. At the conclusion of play in the qualifying rounds the seeded draw will be made for the match play stages of the Championship. The top 8 players will qualify for the match play stages. The draw will be e mailed to each qualifier and will also be available on the Lothians Golf Association website. Competitors who qualify will be responsible for establishing their starting time.
All players are expected to complete both rounds and players who walk off the course during either round, without relevant cause, may subsequently be excluded from all Lothians competitions, both individual and club competitions for a period of 12 months.
7. The Stuart Cup will be awarded to the player with the lowest aggregate score over 36 qualifying holes. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined in accordance with Rule 8. (See Below)
8. Conditions: In the event of a tie for leading qualifier and 8th place for the match play stage the following shall apply...
• The winner shall be the person with the lowest 2nd round.
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last nine holes (holes 10 to18) in the 2nd round
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last six holes (holes 13 to18) in the 2nd round
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last three holes (holes 16 to18) in the 2nd round
• If still a tie the Tournament Committee will revert to the scores in the 1st round and follow the same process as above
9. Players must conform to the regulations regarding dress, applying to the Course and the Clubhouse where they are playing and must report immediately on arrival to the officials in charge.
10. Players must be ready to start punctually at their time on the draw sheet. This rule also applies to the match play stage of the Tournament. Failure to observe this requirement will render the player concerned to be penalised under rule 6-3a.
11. Should a player be unable to play the LGA Tournament Convenor or Tournament Co-Ordinator should be contacted prior to the tee off time. Failure to provide a suitable explanation may result in the player being excluded from next year’s competition.
12. After commencement of play, withdrawing from the tournament will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. A breach of this rule may result in entries in future years not being accepted.
13. All disputes shall be settled by the Championship Committee whose decision shall be final. No complaint will be considered unless lodged in writing with the LGA Secretary.
14. The days for the match play, which will be played over 18 holes, will be as follows:-
Quarter Finals Friday, 25 September 2020
Semi finals and Final: Sunday, 27 September 2020
15. In the event of a match being all square after 18 holes extra holes must be played immediately until there is a winner. The sequence of the holes to be played will be at the discretion of the committee.
16. The winner of the Tournament shall be crowned the Lothians Amateur Champion for the year. The Trophy shall be held for a year by the club from which the winner is entered. The losing finalist and semi-finalists will receive prizes. Medals will be presented to the winner and runner up.
17. Players who, at the conclusion of the Championship, are on the prize list are expected to attend the prize giving ceremony.
18. To comply with GDPR legislation the club must ascertain that their player has agreed that his contact details can be used for the purposes of this championship. The way that we use your data will generally be in line with the Scottish Golf Ltd. Privacy Notice which can be seen by following the link www.scottishgolf.org/events/policies-procedures and then clicking the Privacy Notice tab/box.
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.