Online Entry for Lothians Boys Championship
Sunday 4th October 2020
LOTHIANS JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
Sponsored by GolfFit
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
To be played at Kingsknowe GC on Sunday, 4 October 2020
1. The Competition will be played in accordance with the rules of golf for stroke play and match play competitions as approved by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and in accordance with the local rules approved by the Championship Committee applicable to the course on which the Championship and qualifying rounds will be played.
2. Entrants must be amateur golfers as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews in the Amateur Status Definition in force in the year of the Championship. The Championship is open to boys under the age of 18 on 31st December in the year prior to the competition.
3. Entrants must have a handicap of 18.4 or under as at the date of entry. The number of competitors will be restricted to 96 and in the event of the number of entries exceeding the figure fixed by the Council, a ballot will be held to eliminate higher handicap players as necessary
4. The competition is open to players whose Home Club is a Course Owning Club affiliated to the Lothians Golf Association.
5. All Entries shall be subject to the approval of the Championship Committee, who shall be entitled to refuse or accept any entry and shall not be called upon to give any reason for their action.
6. The Competition shall consist of one round of medal play.
7. The Lindsay Trophy will be awarded to the player with the lowest scratch score over 18 qualifying holes. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined in accordance with Rule 8.
8. Conditions: In the event of a tie the following shall apply.
• The winner of the Lindsay Trophy for leading player shall be the person with the lowest scratch round
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last nine holes (holes 10 to18)
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last six holes (holes 13 to18)
• If still a tie: The winner shall be the person with the lowest last three holes (holes 16 to18)
• If still a tie the Tournament Committee will revert to the scores on the front nine and follow the same process as above
9. The U16 & U14 Championships will follow the same processes as made in Rule 7 and Rule 8
10. Players must conform to the regulations regarding dress, applying to the Course and the Clubhouse where they are playing and must report immediately on arrival to the officials in charge. Caddies are not permitted throughout the championship.
11. Players must be ready to start punctually at their time on the draw sheet. Failure to observe this requirement will render the player concerned to be penalised under rule 5-3a.
12. Should a player be unable to play the LGA Secretary should be contacted prior to the tee off time. Failure to provide a suitable explanation may result in the player being excluded from next year’s competition.
13. After commencement of play, withdrawing from the tournament will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. A breach of this rule may result in entries in future years not being accepted.
14. All disputes shall be settled by the Championship Committee whose decision shall be final. No complaint will be considered unless lodged in writing with the LGA Secretary.
15. The overall winner of the Tournament shall be crowned the Lothians Boys Amateur Champion for the year. The Trophy shall be held for a year by the club from which the winner is entered.
16. The U16 and U14 championship winners will win the Stephen Gallacher Foundation Trophies for these events which shall be held for a year by the club from which the winner is entered. They will also receive a momento.
17. Players who, at the conclusion of the Championship, are on the prize list are expected to attend the prize giving ceremony.
You have the right to object to Lothians Golf Association using your personal information for the above purposes. Should you wish to object please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your details removed. Please be aware that removing your data may result in you not being able to directly receive championship specific and draw information which may affect your ability to compete.
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.