The Longniddry Artisans Golf Club was founded in 1923 and have played their competitions over Longniddry Golf Course.
Always a healthy and active club, membership was made up of two categories, Full members and Associates. Full Members had to be resident in the village and also have an appropriate occupation (non professional). Associates Members also had to be resident but were members of Longniddry Golf Club.
These restrictions on membership were relaxed when the club was integrated into the Longniddry Golf Club in 1996.
Membership numbers have always been about 40. Only post World War Two did the numbers peak at 60 with men returning from service.
The Club had an active role in the village, hosting social events and raising funds. During the war money went to E.L. District Nursing Association as well as a Comfort Fund for service personnel.
Our competitions are played on Sunday mornings and we have annual matches against Aberlady Golf Club and Longniddry “Big Club”.
Outings to play at other clubs are less common now but did feature in earlier years.
Although we all play in the “big club” now , we still treasure our independence and look forward to our centenary year in 2023.
County Card Club