297 Gilmerton Road
Phone 0131 664 3009
The Liberton Golf Club was founded in 1920 by a group of local residents and is one of the first clubs in Britain to put members both male and female on equal footing. Situated only four miles from the city centre, Liberton GC is set in 88 acres of rolling parkland. Though only 5,344 yards in length, with its tree lined fairways, small greens, surrounded by bunkers, the course presents a challenge to golfers of all ability. Accuracy and control of yardage is key to low scoring.
The Club has hosted the Lothians Seniors and Junior Championships on a number of occasions. A former club champion, W Dakers, was also secretary of the Scottish Golf Union for 25 years.
We are a very friendly Club with an annual competitive calendar including a number of Open competitions. Visitors and visiting parties are always made to feel most welcome.
Captain – Brian Gorman,
Secretary – Stuart McDonald, CMDip,
Professional – Iain Seath
County Card Club